Wednesday, May 28, 2014

05/28/2014 Edward Snowden has told NBC Nightly News during an interview that he was more than a low-level analyst

 By Ann Longmore-Etheridge

Edward Snowden has told NBC Nightly News during an interview that he was more than a low-level analyst--he was a spy who had worked undercover overseas for U.S. government agencies. During the interview, Snowden said, "I was trained as a spy in sort of the traditional sense of the word in that I lived and worked undercover overseas--pretending to work in a job that I'm not--and even being assigned a name that was not mine," he said during the interview. "I don't work with people. I don't recruit agents. What I do is I put systems to work for the United States. And I've done that at all levels--from the bottom on the ground all the way to the top.... So when they [critics] say I'm a low-level systems administrator, that I don't know what I'm talking about, I'd say it's somewhat misleading." Reuters reports that Snowden "said he worked undercover overseas for both the CIA and NSA and lectured at the Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy 'where I developed sources and methods for keeping our information and people secure in the most hostile and dangerous environments around the world.'"

www.securitymanagement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment